News from the Madory's

I got some news from the Madory's and wanted to post it here so you all will know what's going on with them and will pray with me that God will meet the needs that Bro. Madory mentioned in his letter - at this point especially for the airfare. He told me today that is the only thing stopping them from coming back and they have sorted out everything to be able to leave with that exception. As one might expect, international airfare for a family of 5 can get a little expensive. So please pray that God will provide for that need soon so they can get their tickets paid for and head home.

Dear Friends,

I am writing to inform you that we are making plans to return to the states for our next furlough.  We have been in Kenya for 2.5 years, and were hoping to spend 1 more year on the field and return in Dec. '11, however, due to many things we have decided it is necessary to move up the furlough. 

We plan to return to the states in late January, and then return again to Kenya in early August just before the kids begin the new school year.  We are currently making plans to return, but could use your help and prayers.  We made this decision recently (due to reasons I will list below), and thus have a short amount of time to sort everything out. 

We need help with the airfare getting back home. 

We need a vehicle to drive once we get back to the states.  If anyone has a vehicle they can donate or sell at a nice price, please let me know. 

We will need to focus furlough on raising new support.  If you are on this email list, and not a supporting church and would like us to come to your church please email me right away so I can begin putting together the furlough schedule.  I want to begin scheduling meetings as early as February. 

Here are a few reasons why the sudden change in furlough date:

- We will be out of the country during the tax issue deadline, and we can see how it all plays out.
- We need to get back on budget so we can spend that time building much needed support.
- We haven't had health insurance for the past few years, so with the new support raised we can organize some new insurance.  Jentrie has some medical issues we need to get sorted out.
- We are completely out of all ministry supplies, so we can focus on shipping another 20' container full of Bibles, tracts, and ministry supplies.
- We can raise awareness and support for the new school we plan to start for the special needs children.
- We can recruit some pastors and teams for mission's trips and special lecture series for the next couple of years.
- We can return to Kenya in August, and therefore Madi will have the full year of 8th grade and the best chances of her being allowed to continue in the 9th grade / high school.
- There is a new couple here from Windsor Hills BC that has offered to act as Interim Pastor while we are on furlough. 

Thanks again for all your help and support over the years.  I know you will help if you can.  Please let me know ASAP if there is anything you can do to help.  I am hoping to book our flights this week, and pay for them next week. 

Loving Life In Africa,
Denny W. Madory

Exciting things are happening there and I for one am looking forward to hearing about what all God will do during this time. I would also like to ask that you pray for me at this time as I am seeking God for the next step in my own life. Thank you to those who have faithfully been doing so in the past 6 months. I know that prayer makes a difference so I thank you so much for yours.

Looking Forward to the Coming Year,


Popular posts from this blog

2012: A (Partial) Look Back and Happy New Year

Ours For A Little While, With Jesus Forever

Help a Sister Out!