One Year Ago

I year ago RIGHT NOW I was on a plane to Kenya. I waved goodbye to these people...



I was...let's call it apprehensive... about traveling alone. A little...worried... what it would be like once I left the relative safety of my home country and ventured out into the unknown (to me). I may have cried a little when I walked away. 

But as we all know...I survived.





I watched this on the plane..


I sat next to these nice Dutchmen who owned their own flower import/export business who also spoke English which I was glad for... (they were less blurry in real life)



And they shared this (not so yummy) candy with me which I politely ate.



But overall I still had peace because of the many prayers I know went up for me. God is good either way but I'm glad he let it go the way it did.

No insightful thoughts really just that my life has changed a lot since that day one year ago. It definitely is a new season in life! (Speaking of seasons... I'm loving the fall weather right now! Pumpkins and Apple Cinnamon Spice - I may love the smells of fall more than the weather...well maybe not... I think it all works together just right :)

We have had deaths in my family but also births such as this little guy....






...meet my great nephew who joined us here a couple of days ago. He is a sweetheart.


Through all of that our lives go on. I'm happy and looking forward to the future and enjoying the "right now".

With Hope and Love,
Sarah


P.S. Today is also my mom's birthday. Happy birthday Momma!! I love you. I know it's not like taking a trip to Canada or anything but glad we had a good lunch and I'm looking forward to tonight!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ours For A Little While, With Jesus Forever

Welcome Home

As Promised